Has your apartment or house got an open living room? Then you might have noticed there is no good place to store the vacuum cleaner in. Maybe yours is also one of those vacuum cleaners that are very large and there is no good place to store it in.
Handling large vacuum cleaners can be quite a hassle. It is always in the way. It is very annoying to have a big vacuum cleaner taking up floor space which you could use for other purposes.
So what you can do is store the vacuum cleaner in a secretive place, where it won’t bother you or anyone else.
Where Not to Store a Vacuum Cleaner?
The first place where you should never store a vacuum cleaner is in the bathroom.
This might seem like an obvious place to store it, but you should never stow your vacuum cleaner in the bathroom.
This is because there are all kinds of humidity and moisture in the air, which will make your vacuum cleaner rust or corrode.
Also, if you store a vacuum cleaner in the bathroom, it will always get wet when somebody washes their hands at the sink. This is not very healthy for your vacuum cleaner, because it has to work in dusty rooms.
Another reason you should never stow your personal vacuum cleaner in the bathroom is that bacteria can grow on it. This sounds dangerous for your health if somebody cleans with the vacuum cleaner after this.
Where are the best places to store your vacuum cleaner?
I recommend picking one of these places:
- Laundry room
- Broom closet
- Empty corner
- Storage rack / Storage room
- Laid flat in existing closet
Tips and Tricks on How to Hide Vacuum Cleaners
- Look at getting some type of cover that you can place over the vacuum. With a cover the vacuum will look like decoration and then you can use it as decoration for your home and leave the vacuum in plain sight.
- Find some space in a hallway closet or even your own closet under clothes, this way its tucked away and out of sight.
- Try to install a hook onto the wall where you can hang the vacuum system. Similar to the cover, this makes it look more like art and as it hangs on the wall it can be used as decoration.
- A Dyson cordless vacuum can be stored on the charging stand which is usually attached to the wall. This goes for other lightweight vacuums that use similar charging docks too.
What should I do with a small apartment?
If you live in a small apartment, I recommend going for a handheld vacuum or a lightweight vacuum cleaner.
This way you can save on storage space and it only requires a small space to store it away.
Avoid going for the bulkiest vacuum cleaners such as an Oreck upright vacuum cleaner.
A simple handheld option is best because it can be stored away with your existing cleaning supplies and it fits perfectly into a small linen closet or storage area.
How do I save space while storing a vacuum?
Having a laundry room is a great way to store other cleaning equipment and your vacuum all in the same place.
It makes the perfect storage space because it’s also utilized for washing and cleaning clothes, so the room gets a chemically but clean smell.
Another way to save space is to go for robot vacuums, these don’t require the right storage space because they can be left out to work all the time.